Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Gift of Bread

I just unintentionally gave the monkeys a nice gift. I've been sitting out in the banda reading since I've been home from school. It's only about 12 feet from the back door of the house. I'd seen and heard monkeys in the trees by the fence and had seen that they had even gotten as far as our water tank.

I don't know what made me look over at the house, but I saw a tail of a monkey in the kitchen window! I looked down on the ground and saw that they had gotten the loaf of bread I had left out on the counter from making my lunch. The electricity is currently off and I didn't want to open the fridge door to put it back in yet.

I ran in and found one monkey sitting on the counter. Needless to say, I shooed him out as quickly as possible. I can't believe they were so quiet. I was sitting on the kitchen counter to take these pictures. The monkeys were less than 10 feet away.

Perched on the clothesline

This flower pot is about 4 feet away from the door

Looking up for bread crumbs falling from the back porch roof

There is the last of our bread

On the back porch

In the banda

Sitting at the edge of the kitchen garden about 5 feet away.

At one point one even climbed up to look in the window where I was sitting. We both were surprised!

The song "Ten Little Monkeys jumping on the bed" has a new more personal meaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment