Sunday, October 6, 2013

Monkeys in the Science Lab



John and I love seeing the monkeys in Kitale. It is so much fun to catch sight of swaying trees knowing there are monkeys playing in them jumping from branch to branch. Every once in awhile you can catch sight of them jumping from one tree to the next. In fact John calls them his angels.

However, they can be a menace. They drive guard dogs crazy. The dogs can see them and start barking but the monkeys just tease them knowing there is no way the dogs can reach them.

They raid garbage heaps for food. There are usually monkeys around the incinerator that is near my Form III classroom going through the trash before the workman has a chance to burn the trash on Monday mornings.



Not too long ago, our boarding mistress warned the girls to make sure the latch the dorm windows before they go to class because there had been reports of monkeys in the dorms on the beds looking for food. All I could think of the was the song, "Ten little monkeys jumping the the bed. Once fell off and bumped his head. Mama called the doctor and the doctor saidm, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"

Because I am so unbalanced with this boot, I can't stand up long enough for the 30 - 45 minute parade on Monday and Friday morning. I've been going into the physics lab to sit in the doorway during parade. I can't hear everything, but bits and pieces. Yesterday while I was sitting there, the monkeys came into the science lab. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a good picture of them jumping from one lab table to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment